We like to keep in touch with our customers, supporters, and anybody interested in our resources and training, so that we can keep you informed of how we can help you, your small group and your church. We also occasionally send financial updates with an invitation to donate towards Cell UK.
Below are more details about how we communicate with you and how we hold your details, which complies with new data protection rules effective from 25 May 2018 (GDPR).
What information do we collect and why?
If you place an order with us either by phone or online, you will be asked for your name, address, e-mail and phone number so that we can process your order efficiently. You will also be asked if you would like to join our mailing list to be kept informed of our products and services, in which case your details will be copied to our database. They will also remain securely on our website to enable you to easily place another order if required.
If you sign up online for our mailing list you will be asked for your name, e-mail address and what general area you live in, so that we can keep you informed about our products and services.
If you donate towards the work of Cell UK and are a UK taxpayer, we need all your contact details and a completed Gift Aid form if applicable so that we can claim the Gift Aid.
Who will have access to your information?
If you donate to Cell UK your name and donation date and amount are on our accounts records, and with your postal address are shared with HMRC as part of the Gift Aid reclaim process.
Otherwise, your information is not shared with anybody outside of Cell UK.
What you should know about your data protection rights
You have the following rights about the information we hold on you:
- the right to be informed about what details we hold on you and what we use it for
- the right to see that information
- the right to have any errors corrected
- the right to request removal of your details from our records
- the right to restrict processing (not applicable to Cell UK)
- the right to data portability (not applicable to Cell UK)
- the right to object to anything we do with your information
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling (not applicable to Cell UK)
What else you should know
Your information is treated with respect, is kept secure, and it is not shared with others outside of Cell UK.
The lawful basis under which we keep the information about you is as follows:
- If you have placed one or more orders, or have attended any of our training days, we keep your details in order to fulfil your order or process your booking.
- If you have given us financial donations, we have to keep your details and your Gift Aid information in order to fulfil our legal obligations.
- If we have kept your details in order to communicate with you about new products, special offers etc, this is because you have given your consent for us to do this. We will usually do this by e-mail, but very occasionally we send information by post. If you wish to unsubscribe please click here or e-mail email@example.com and your details will be removed from our mailing list.
To exercise any of the rights listed above, or to ask a question about data protection or the information we hold on you, please contact Louise Chick at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find helpful information at the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/ who is responsible for data protection in the UK.